Solar window film is an excellent alternative to traditional window blinds. Not only is it stylish and energy-efficient, but it is straightforward to install. This quick guide will help you understand what solar window film is, why you’d want to use it.
Solar Window Film: What is it?
Solar window film is essentially a thin transparent film with a film-like adhesive that allows you to apply it to your house or any glass surface. The film reduces heat in the summer and prevents it from getting inside during the winter. It is essentially a substitute for curtains and blinds, which allows you to open up your windows to enjoy the fresh air and natural light.
Why Should You Use Solar Window Film?
Solar window film offers an array of benefits:
- Protects from UV radiation: UV radiation is one of the major culprits behind various health issues. You may not be aware of it, but UV radiation can also cause skin cancer, sagging, and scaly skin. This is why protecting yourself from UV radiation is of utmost importance. Solar window film significantly reduces UV radiation, making it the perfect solution to prevent these types of diseases.
- Protects from the heat: Solar window film is designed to keep your house cool, making it a much more comfortable space to live in when the heat is unbearable.
- Protects from the cold: Did you know that the heat from the sun also warms up the ground? Well, it does. As a result, whenever you have rays of sunshine hitting the windows of your house, the heat gets trapped inside, making it warm to live in when it is winter.
- Lowers energy bills: Did you know that heat makes up for up to 60% of air conditioning costs? Air-conditioners use double the energy when the temperature is too hot. Solar window film reduces unwanted heat, making it easy on the environment and ultimately lowering the energy consumption of your air conditioning system.
- Enhances security: You don’t want strangers peeking from the outside, do you? Solar window film can deter unwanted guests and make your house more secure. Apart from making it harder to see what goes on inside your house, it also makes it harder to actually break in. Break-ins are the last thing you want to happen, so investing in a window film should be first on your list. The film is extremely thin and transparent, so you can still enjoy the views and open your windows to the fresh air.
- Less glare: Did you know that UV rays can cause excessive amounts of glare during the day? Solar window film helps cut down on glare, making it easier to read and work on the computer or watch your favourite show on TV.
Time for a Solar Tint!
Solar window film is a must-have if you are looking to cut down on your monthly energy bill, protect your health and enjoy the view of the outdoors without sacrificing comfort. It’s easy to install and even easier to use, making it an excellent investment for any homeowner. Additionally, it’s energy-efficient and long-lasting, making it a great choice for any homeowner.
NuVision Solutions offers window film in Melbourne. We are the leading 3M window film supplier and installer. Contact us!